1. Cut one piece of tulle 2½ yds. x 24". Fold long edges in half, pinning edges together.
2. Sew beaded trim around cut edges.
3. Cut remaining yardage into 48 2½ yd. x 3" strips.
Hint: Carefully fold length over several times, keeping edges even; place cutting grid on top and use rotary cutter to cut several strips at once.
4. Glue sequins to one side of 12 strips & let dry.
5. When strips are dry, lay one sequin strip, sequin side down, on flat surface. Place 3 strips of plain tulle on top. Fold in half lengthwise, pinning to keep edges even. Set aside.
6. Repeat with remaining strips.
7. Using cutting mat as a guide, place shawl on mat and pin strip to bottom (bead side) of shawl and sew in place close to folded edge. Repeat with remaining strips with fold line at 1" markings.
8. When all strips are sewn on, cut through all thicknesses of strips (not the shawl) at 3/4" – 1¼" intervals.
Due to seasonal nature of project, supplies are available for a limited time only. Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers' instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in this and all craft projects. Because Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com have no control over the use of materials and tools, nor surroundings, during construction of projects, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. and joann.com disclaim any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this project sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed.