Free Sewing & Craft Projects, Learn to Sew, Guidelines Articles, Charitable Projects, Bridal, Kids & More
Sewing & Craft Alliance
Project provided courtesy of:
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores ©
Keep those little toes warm with these fleece slippers! Your baby will be the envy of the nursery in these cute-as-can-be slippers that you can make in just a few minutes using fleece scraps and a little sewing know-how.
1. Reduce or enlarge the slipper diagram on a photocopier to fit your child's foot size; use this for your pattern.
2. Pin pattern to fleece and cut out 2 slipper tops and 2 slipper bottoms. On slipper top, form straps by cutting along inside curved lines.
3. Fold slipper top in half so right sides are together. Stitch heel (straight edge) together using 1/4" seam allowance; blanket stitch over seam on right side.
4. Right sides together, pin tops to bottoms having heel at narrow part of oval; stitch using 1/4" seam allowance. Clip seam allowance and turn right side out. Blanket stitch over seam on right side.
5. Hand sew snaps and decorative buttons to straps, alternating sides for each slipper to create left and right slippers.
Return to Baby Department