Free Sewing & Craft Projects, Learn to Sew, Guidelines Articles, Charitable Projects, Bridal, Kids & More
Sewing & Craft Alliance
Project provided courtesy of:
Organdy ribbon roses are easy to make and can be for mothers of the bride or groom, special guests, or as accessories.
This project is specific to a particular brand of sewing machine, notion, fabric and/or supply. However, the project may be easily adapted to other brands.
1. Cut ribbon in half for two 1-yard pieces.
2. Fold ribbon diagonally at end (see Illustration 1).
3. Roll folded ribbon from letter B to letter A. This is the center of your rose (see Illustration 2).
4. Stitch rose center at letter C (see Illustration 2).
5. Turn long end of ribbon over one turn (see Illustration 3).
6. Roll ribbon again to form first petal, and stitch in place (see Illustration 4).
7. Continue to fold, roll, and stitch each ribbon petal for a total of 10 to 12 petals.
8. Gather 6" of remaining ribbon at base of rose with a 1/8"-long running stitch.
9. Stitch through base of rose to secure ruffled ribbon.
10. Continue to gather ribbon in 6" increments until all ribbon is used (see photo).
11. Hot glue artificial leaves to underside of rose.
Project is © 2001 Wrights and courtesy of Wrights.6/05
Back to Bridal Projects